Go beyond your limits
Did you know that...
- The first flight into Jamaica did not take place at an airport?
- Consolidated Commodore flying boat landed in Kingston Harbour on December 3, 1930. And
- FYI it brought cargo not passengers.
- In 1948 our Airports began operation in Jamaica. Our airports are extremely safe.
- In 1962 The Norman Manley International Airport was featured in the first James Bond film “Dr. No”.
- The Norman Manley International Airport was first named the Palisadoes Airport.
- Sangster's International Airport accounts for far more travelers than the Norman Manley International Airport
- Of the approximately 1.7 million annual visitors to Jamaica, 72% use Sangster's International Airport as their primary airport.
- Peak arriving and departing capacity is 4,200 passengers per hour.
- Each airport’s approach and exit actually starts in the sea.